It’s been a hot minute since I’ve gotten a chance to write an article. Between moving into a new house, an energetic toddler, and surviving the first trimester of a new pregnancy, mama has been tired. However, now that my appetite and energy is kind of back, I’ve been really into cooking for the fam again…aka hoping the little man will partake in my weekly cravings. This week (and the last three tbh) has been about my favorite thanksgiving dish, STUFFING.
Easy Six-Step Sausage Stuffing
- 5 slices of your choice of gluten free/paleo bread
- 1 medium organic carrot, diced
- 3 stalks of organic celery, diced
- 1 organic fennel, diced
- 1 small organic onion, diced
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of organic thyme (fresh or dried)
- 2.5 tbsp of organic sage (fresh or dried)
- 1.5 cups of no salt organic bone broth of choice
- 1lb of cubed sugar free breakfast sausage
- 1 tbsp of organic cracked black pepper
- 1 cup of organic cremini mushrooms (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. While oven is warming, cube up the slices of bread and spread pieces flat on a baking tray; once oven is at temperature, bake the bread until crunchy and dried out (should be about 15-20 minutes).
2. While bread is baking, chop up all vegetables and cube the sausage.
3. In a large bowl (or in the baking pan you plan on using), add the toasted cubes of bread, chopped vegetables, and sausage. Briefly mix together the ingredients.
4. To the bowl, add in the herbs, 1/2 cup of bone broth, and mix all ingredients together in the baking dish.
5. Bake the stuffing for a total of 45 minutes -1 hour or until it is heated through and browned on top; every 15 minutes, drizzle 1/2 cup of bone broth on top of the stuffing (to ensure neither dried out nor soggy ness).
6. Serve Warm 🙂
Thank you US Wellness Meats for sponsoring this post! It’s incredible to me that I partner with brands I love and truly believe in on One Full Plate.