This isn’t the second year that the hubs and I “escaped” our normal family gathering. Although we would have LOVED to go back to Plymouth, MA like last year, we moved to Denver and flights aren’t exactly cheap. In an effort to remain healthy, I had been fiddling with ideas on how to make an AIP stuffing with items I had on hand and after many attempts, stumbled upon a legit recipe.
Paleo Cauliflower Stuffing
- 1 zucchini or 1 cup of frozen butternut squash
- 1 frozen bag of Cauliflower
- 5-6 baby carrots cut up
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/4 cup of chopped white onions
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 2 sage leaves julienned
- 2 tbsp of cold pressed olive oil
- 1 large pinch of sea salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut up zucchini/open butternut squash into tiny cubes and put on sheet pan. Massage in a drizzle of olive oil and bake for 20 min.
- In a pan on stovetop, heat to medium heat and add in olive oil.
- Dump in onions, mushrooms, and celery then sauté until cooked thru (about 8 minutes).
- Add in frozen cauliflower along with zucchini and stir until there is no more ice.
- Throw in the chopped sage and sea salt right before you take it off the heat.
- Top with chopped pecans and serve.