Now that I’m on month four of my AIP lifestyle, my time and focus has totally shifted from eating out to instead cooking at home. Mostly, cooking to find loopholes and making “safe” AIP foods into the foods I miss: Donuts, Bread, Pasta, Tacos, Ice Cream, you name it. However, now that I have a limited amount of safe food I can eat on the reg. I find myself gorging on those. For example: raw honey and tahini. Woof, I eat raw honey like it’s going out of style. Although tahini is not AIP, it was classified on my food allergy test as a safe food. Whatever can be dipped or needs a sesame topping, I load on the tahini. Is it too much? Yes. Do I care? Absolutely not. Why? I can only eat certain things and my hard workouts balance it out.
Anyways, one major breakthrough that I discovered at the end of month two was an idea to create a “safe” treat to enjoy after dinner.
My Go-To-Lazy Vanilla AIP Ice Cream (4 servings)
2 cans of Unsweetened Organic Coconut Cream (I use Native Forest because it’s cheap even though the ingredient Guar Gum isn’t AIP)
2.5 TBSP of Organic Maple Syrup or Raw Honey
1 TBSP of Organic Vanilla Extract
1 TBSP of Great Lakes Collagen Gelatin
1 Swirl (or two) or Date Lady‘s Syrup
Directions (no ice-cream maker needed):
- Pop open the cans of coconut cream and dump out msot of the the weird cloudy coconut liquid. Place the remaining contents into a mixing bowl.
- Add the maple syrup/(if honey, heat beforehand until liquid) and vanilla extract.
- Lastly, add the collagen gelatin.
- Dump into ice cream holders and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Once frozen to ice cream stick, thaw out a single serving and drizzle some Date Lady syrup on top. Voila !
Stay tuned for more recipes !