Now that my elimination diet has come to an end and I’m starting to reintroduce normal foods again, I thought of a legit AIP snack. Perfect timing right? For those who know me – I’m a much better food EATER than I am food-maker. I’m definitely NOT a cook, a chef, recipe developer, but I can follow a recipe like a pro. Although I was inspired by photos on my IG for this recipe, I decided the ingredients, therefore making this the FIRST recipe I’ve ever created. BOOM.
Aimee’s BBQ Chicken AIP “Nachos”
Ingredients (FYI these can be organic or non-organic, whichever YOU and your budget prefer):
1 handful of Jackson’s Honest Purple Heirloom Potato Chips (or Sweet Potato)
2 Boneless and Skinless Organic Chicken Tenders
1/2 of an Organic Avocado
1 stalk of Green Onions or Chives
1 handful of Organic Spinach
1 dash of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1 Tiny Lime Wedge
1 Piece of Whole 30 Approved Bacon (I didn’t think of adding this to my pictured nachos until AFTER I just wrote this recipe…fail)
- Warm a tiny skillet to medium heat and add piece of bacon. Cook until crisped on both sides. Once done, remove from pan and let cool.
- Add the pieces of chicken right to the pan with the bacon grease. This will take about 8-10 minutes to cook thru (depending on the size of your tenders).
- Once cooked thru, drizzle with KC’s Cherry BBQ Sauce and put to the side while you assemble the nachos.
- Grab a cutting board and chop up the green onion, avocado, and bacon strip to your preferred size.
- Time to layer – Grab a plate or bowl and place the handful of chips on the bottom.
- Next layer is the spinach leaves and followed by the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chopped bacon bits, green onions, avocado, and pink salt.
- Finally, squeeze the lime juice on top and Voila ! Bon Appetit!! I washed mine down with Brew Dr. Kombucha (yasssss)